Register Here
Forum Home Site Home Search FAQ Why Live Abroad? Finding Love Abroad Real Estate Working Abroad Events
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

You Are Not Registered Or Not Logged In
If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features. You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: bernywilliams Subject: Living with your Ex after divorce
jtrada

posted on 03-11-2012 at 17:45 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Living with your Ex after divorce

I am getting a divorce but with our financial state and two kids we have decided to live together for about a year. Is this normal or something I am doing just to keep her in my life.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By jtrada (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
rayannebrennan

posted on 04-10-2012 at 07:58 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
different but alright

Some couples that go through a divorce do this, to help with bills. But keep in mind that in order for the courts to accept it as being separated, you will need to prove that you guys stayed in separate bedrooms and there was no reconciling, as in no sexual encounters during this time. You would also need to prove that the bills and financial state was that of a roommate situation, ie- you each pay half of all bills regarding the house, and that you can work as a team, although separate, to raise the children. The separation of bills includes groceries. Roommates dont typically share food that was bought from one or the other. Or at least, not the bulk of it. You will need to make separate meals for yourself and your spouse. This part may be tricky, but you can find some way to do something that will work for the both of you.
View User's Profile E-Mail User User's Site View All Replies By rayannebrennan (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
TicketKev

posted on 06-22-2012 at 12:50 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Living with Ex

I also had to live with my ex for a few months after we decided to get a divorce for the same reasons: financial. We both needed as much money as we could get to start our separate lives and me spending $2000 a month on a furnished apartment or (God help me) a hotel room was out of the question. Plus, did I really want to move TWICE? No thank you.

Although I couldn't stand being in the same room with her, I did as much as I could outside or in a different part of the house. It's true you have to live in separate bedrooms and you can't show any signs of reconciliation...which wasn't a problem for me. My wife was having an affair and had been lying to me for probably a year. I lost all respect and thus love for her.

It's tough to do but if there is no other choice, you just have to suck it up and do it.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By TicketKev (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Blackbird

posted on 07-18-2012 at 13:12 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
do what you gotta do

Obviously that is a hard thing to do and if you are both willing to put up with the emotional stress that will come with it than by all means do what you have to do to keep life as easy as possible for everything while youre going through that kind of struggle
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Blackbird (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
gusev

posted on 07-08-2018 at 16:49 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
correct solution

'I am getting a divorce but with our financial state and two kids we have decided to live together for about a year. Is this normal or something I am doing just to keep her in my life. '

Very practical solution to financial problems.
View User's Profile E-Mail User User's Site View All Replies By gusev (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Aleesha

posted on 04-13-2020 at 14:32 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Would not do it

Problem with this is its not your ex if you are still living together. You cant separate without separating.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Aleesha (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
ableadams

posted on 04-21-2020 at 05:40 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Aleesha Grow Up About Divorce

Aleesha, your post is childish. Going through a divorce is no joke. You gotta do what you gotta do. You think in black and white. I am going to tell you why I'm right and you are not.

Divorce almost all times is about money. not enough for rent. not enough for clothes or food or having things that help. if women didn't always need to be princeses with all things handed to them, this might be different. that is the difference of men and women. men need work and clothes on their backs. women need new shoes and towels.

One reason men turn to foreign women like asian women and latin women is there need not to have trinkets all the time. they work and are a team, not a problem. but that's not the case with western women anymore. my mother was a team player with my father and they worked together, not against one another.

Western men have it rough. Money is hard to gather and that makes divorce the final answer. going through it is real suffering and a man has to put up with whatever it takes to get through it. not so black and white simple. sorry little girl. you need to grow up.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By ableadams (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
bernywilliams

posted on 09-20-2020 at 19:11 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Living with ex after divorce

I could NOT live with my ex after divorcing him. Why not wait to get the divorce until AFTER finances improve? It doesn't make any sense to do otherwise.

Divorce is not a game where you finalize your position but it doesn't go into effect until later. Divorce means END, stop, go no further.

Some people are such children.

If you are divorced, it's over. Move out, even if it hurts.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By bernywilliams (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 1.228 seconds, 15 queries

Escaping America reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against Escaping America. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in Escaping America