Register Here
Forum Home Site Home Search FAQ Why Live Abroad? Finding Love Abroad Real Estate Working Abroad Events
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

You Are Not Registered Or Not Logged In
If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features. You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: drc999 Subject: What next?
ziggy

posted on 12-17-2005 at 12:59 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
What next?

I was recently contacted by a beautiful Russian girl who has stolen my heart. We've been e-mailing each other for about a month, outside of any agencies. I've read through this site about every scam I can find, and she has yet to do anything that would make me suspicious, while other women who have contacted me have asked for money, visas and whatnot.

She tells me her phone will not allow international calls, but has given me her business phone, with the idea that they would not be happy if I called her there.

Is it true that I could not call her on her phone from the US, or is this a load of s**t?

It is a bit frustrating as she has to use the Internet Cafe to write me, so I don't hear from her daily, nor can I IM her which I would love.

This is all very confusing to me, and this is the first time I have done anything like this, so while I am captivated by her beauty and her e-mails (her English is very good) I remain skeptical, which I think is a good thing for now.

I feel it's way too early to go there or to plan a marriage, but while I remain skeptical when I look at her picture I just melt.

What's a normal time frame to realize this is legit, to visit, and to get serious? I'm also a bit taken back as she is 27 and I am 58, but I don't look it and keep in shape. She knows my age and has seen photos of me, and I do tend to date younger women.

Any ideas as to how to call her? She lives in Astrakhan. Also, any ideas on the best phone rates to Russia and how to get them?

TIA.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By ziggy (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
RussianGal

posted on 12-25-2005 at 22:24 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
my thinking is

Hello, Tia.
You posted your story on the web, so others could tell you what they think. I am willing to do it, no offence please, it is just what I think. Ok? ;)

First of all, a young hot female contacted you, 31 years older man. Why do you think she may be interested in you, besides the obvious financial stability you can provide?
I do not mean you look like grand papa or anything. I do believe you are in a good shape like you said. But still.
I understand that you want to be with a younger woman, but I do not think a young hot woman would deliberately write to a much much older man with serious intentions.
What kind of family can that be? In 10-20 years a man will be too old to satisfy her in bed, too old to raise kids with, too old to be an active partner in life... And you know it.

About calls: I have never heard or came across such a thing as not being able to receive calls from abroad. It is a lie. You wonna know why? Because she is playing you.
As for the fact she did not ask for any money yet, don`t worry she will, in one way or another.

My advice, go for older women and don`t be so naive.
By the way, 50% that those hot pics don`t even belong to a person who writes you, it can be some fat male trying to scam you, while you are melting.

I hope I did not offend you, but if I did - my apologies.
View User's Profile E-Mail User User's Site View All Replies By RussianGal (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
ziggy925

posted on 12-27-2005 at 21:52 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
I've thought about that

It's Ziggy again. I forgot my password. Yeah, I've thought of all that. My first thought was that I was being had by a big hairy guy named Boris, and the girl only exists in photos. I've also tried to figure out why a young girl would contact me, except for the obvious reasons, and some of my ex-girlfriends were just looking for a father figure. My sister is married to a guy about 30 years her senior, and they have a great marriage.

I'm here to get advice, and I certainly appreciate yours. I'm just trying to look at this from every angle.

BTW, she now tells me she is going to get a visa to come and visit me, and I still don't know her lastname. Something ain't right here, but it doesn't seem to be following the scams I've read elsewhere on the Net.

And, yeah. I'd like to think I will still be able to hold my own in 20 years. I think everybody my age feels that way.

Thanks again.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By ziggy925 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
RussianGal

posted on 01-03-2006 at 10:18 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
ok

'...My sister is married to a guy about 30 years her senior, and they have a great marriage...'
That`s great. But did they meet via Internet, dating agency? I doubt.
See, I understand two people falling in love when they meet in person, but I do not get it when much younger person deliberately contacts a much older man/vice versa. These people clearly have issues.

'She now tells me she is going to get a visa to come and visit me, and I still don't know her lastname..'

Ha! Here we go! And then she`ll write you something like: "Oh, dear. I am $200 short on my tickets to you, etc. Can you lend it to me? May be via Western Union?"
View User's Profile E-Mail User User's Site View All Replies By RussianGal (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
ziggy925

posted on 01-26-2006 at 22:00 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Money?

Funny thing about the money. She wants the money for the visa, but when she gets it her family will give her a plane ticket. I mean, if they can't afford the visa, where in the hell are they going to get the money for the plane ticket?

BTW, I often get emails from her where it seems she has not read the emails I've sent her, and the last email mentioned nothing about money.

Either I am dealing with someone very naive, or she, he or it is very good at this.

Also, someone suggested I Google her name, which I did, and got no hits at all.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By ziggy925 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
drc9261

posted on 02-04-2006 at 18:10 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
It is too good to be true

Stop now!

It is not real

You are being set up
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By drc9261 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
ziggy925

posted on 02-06-2006 at 20:10 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Gonna hangin there

Well, I think I'm gonna hang in there but remain very skeptical and definitely not send any money. I'm also still dating others cuz you never know.

Still, if she is real, what a sweetie.
drc999

posted on 02-09-2006 at 23:53 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
OK call her

OK ziggy call her.

Buy a calling card from ldpost.com

But here is a word of advice.

Be a Man!
FSU women do not want kiss ass girly men!
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By drc999 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 1.567 seconds, 15 queries

Escaping America reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against Escaping America. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in Escaping America